Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Resistance Begins!

Sure, it will be a bumpy four (or fewer) years. But let's keep it in perspective--we survived Jimmy Carter. If the man who beat off an attack rabbit with an oar and produced an energy policy that can be summarized "put on a sweater" didn't finish us off, we must be pretty resilient. I'll do what I can to reinforce that resilience. Here's what I intend to provide:




  • Political commentary. You probably knew that was coming, so I'll let it speak for itself.

  • Links. Interesting, insightful, amusing, or just weird. They may change from time to time, as a site falls out of favor and another catches my eye.

  • News updates. If I uncover something interesting that's not making headlines in the obvious places, I'll mention it.

  • Financial commentary. I'm not an investment advisor and, even if I were, you'd be crazy to buy, sell, or hold based on one Internet commentator's input. So keep your wits about you, and consider yourself disclaimer-fied.

Please note that this blog will not be entirely--or at times mostly--political. That may or may not be a plus for you. I feel that, while the political hurricane which has breached the levies of responsibility and overwhelmed the drainage canals of rationality is a major event, it's not the only event of note these days. Too, we could all use a break now and then.

So let's enjoy our coming time together, and laugh heartily at the follies we face. We may not always agree, but I figure that this blog will be priority number 7,000,000 on Chuck Schumer's to-do list for the Fairness Doctrine, so you're just going to have to roll with it.

No comments: